Pre & Post Care
Your lash extensions are attached to your own individual eyelashes, and will shed as your natural lashes shed. Maintaining your lash extensions will require visits every 2-3 weeks to attach new extensions (a fill) to your own eyelashes as your eyelash growth cycle regenerates new lashes. With a few simple care instructions you will help you enjoy your luxuriously long lashes. To increase the longevity of your lashes, it is advised to avoid moisture and touching as much as possible.
Before your appointment
• If you use waterproof mascara, avoid using it 2-3 days before your first appointment. The film it leaves on your lashes may prevent the extensions from adhering correctly.
• Arrive to your appointment with dry, clean lashes and makeup-free eyes.
• Remove contact lenses before your appointment.
During the initial 24-48 hours after your appointment
Do not get your lashes wet for 24 hours after the lash extensions are applied.
• Avoid steam from showers, facials, saunas and swimming pools.
• Avoid getting moisture around the eye area when washing face, showering etc.
• Avoid spray tanning or tanning beds for 24 hours after application.
• Avoid chemical peels, waxing or laser treatments around the eyes.
General guidelines to extend the life of your lashes
• Avoid oil-based skincare and makeup products around the eye, including mascara and remover. There are cleansers formulated for lash extensions.
• Only use mascara that is formulated and approved for eyelash extensions
• Avoid running water over your face. Moisture will break down the bond of the glue.
• Avoid rubbing your eyes or lashes, especially when washing your face. It is recommended to clean around the eye area with a washcloth or make up removing wipes.
• Do not use an eyelash curler.
• If you can, sleep on your back to avoid the risk of lashes rubbing against your pillow or use a sleep mask made to cup your eyes without making contact with them.
• Gently brush your lashes with a mascara wand to groom them. The best time to do this is after showering, as they will be softer and less likely to damage.
• Avoid pulling your lashes, and do not attempt to remove them yourself. If you would like them removed, please contact your us at (330) 451-6608. If you experience any pain, redness or irritation, contact your technician immediately.